Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Deal with it...

Deal with it. If I thought I could I wouldn't be ignoring avoiding my Facebook page, with all the wonderful friends I've found there. I wouldn't be listening to people tear me down while I'm fairly certain I can't get any lower. It is only getting worse, each second, all day.


This is what I have decided the monster in my head looks like. It's devouring everything, my thoughts, my emotions (which are returned in a most confusing, & overblown fashion), but it has eaten every drop of my sanity. I must be fair to this monster that has taken up residence in my mind however, by saying it's had help in the form of NO Paxil. When I was diagnosed with all the cute stuff they said must be wrong with me to begin with I refused to be put on Paxil, I had first hand experience of the suicidal tendencies success rate of others who had been on it. It scared the ever loving fuck out of me! I never should have relented on that position.

So a "Doctor" (the quotes are intentional, I'm going to explain now) upon finally understanding that I was not going to bend on this, said why don't I prescribe Prozac at a very low dosage & see how that works. I am not a Doctor, PA, Nurse, or Pharmacist, at all, so I agreed to try the Prozac. My panic attacks were unrelenting, my concentration was   non-existent, & my job was in jeopardy, so I had to do something. The "doctor" did say it would take a few days for the meds to work into my system, & to give them time. I did. Then I learned how it must feel to live in a bubble, that's firmly anchored to the ocean floor! I have never found a sensible way to describe it to anyone. The best I do to give anyone a clue to how I felt is this: It was like being in a constant state of dreaming, nothing felt real at all, & it was as if every thing had an aura about it, a fuzziness if you will. So after two weeks of waking to a zombie like state, I had enough. I gave in and began taking an incredibly low dose of a drug I was terrified of. That was almost six years ago. Well, I also had kick-ass health insurance, shitty doc, but great insurance. 
Then the insurance went the way of the dinosaur, along with the job (which I hated anyway). So I found a new more affordable Doc, but in order to get my refills I had to go in for a office visit robbery every three months. If I cannot afford an office visit, I get no meds. Which brings me to where l am now.

                                                                            
I am disappearing, and it's so very scary. I have learned that Paxil is in the same family of drugs as the Prozac I hated so much. Not only that, but that it is more difficult, and dangerous to stop taking Paxil. I have 
not wanted so badly to punch a grown, educated woman in the face as I do now. Someone should have explained to me that I couldn't do this. Stop this medication. Ever. No one did. I have had nightmares like I did when I was alone after some horrible things happened in my life in the last few days, maybe more. I wake up soaked in sweat, like someone dumped a bucket of water on me as I slept. My son is having to learn a whole new variety of fucked up, by having him mom tell him, "Today is a bad day, please be easy". I shouldn't have to say things like this. I shouldn't feel this way. I should be excited about how my interview went today for a new job. I should be overjoyed that my Lito is better, & himself again, & I am. For very selfish reasons. He is tuned into my feelings like no other dog I own, it's lovely to have him to comfort me, & I am grateful. 
I should also be grateful that I have a direction for what has been the randomness of my blog. I will do my best to chronicle my journey through my own hell, while I try to remember me, & not get swept away by the undertow. Maybe I can help someone else who is dealing with this, & hopefully you guys can help me as well. I have to work tomorrow, I hope I don't space at the wrong times, & make it through the day. I'll let you know how it goes. ~ HBIC          
                                                                                         

                                                                                         




4 comments:

  1. I was there myself about 15 years ago.....I remember wanting to put a pillow over one of my child's faces while they slept. It actually took my 9 y.o. at the time to say something to me for me to see where i was. I too was transplanted to NC with NO friends or family ~ all of a sudden my entire network was GONE. I had no idea how I was going to do anything with 3 kids and no car.... I was miserable!! I have learned after 17 years here how to handle some (not all) things and ALL my children have survived with minimal damage...LOL!! I even added a fourth child a few years later. I understand where you are, I have been there. I hope all this will help you understand and deal with all the randomness floating in your head. I always felt like my "file cabinet" was tipped upside down and I was on my knees trying to collect and put things back in order, but it was never ending. If there is anything I can offer don't hesitate to privately email me I am in NC too! :) Good luck and I look forward to joining you on your journey!!!......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are going through some very serious withdrawal and you shouldn't be going through it alone. I know some mental health counselors work on a sliding scale, if not, Social Services has a lot of great programs, depending on the state. I urge you to seek out some resources to help you deal with this. You shouldn't have to face something like this alone. Please get help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~HBIC~ Hugs and smooches to you....I have missed you are FB......hopefully, you will come back around sometime.....But until then I will read your blog......and join you on this journey called life.....love ya C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have horrid anxiety (though they aren't sure what the cause is, I'm sure it has to do with a few rather traumatic experiences I had the year after high school graduation) and they put me on Prozac. Everyone loved how it worked for me, except me. I felt like an emotionless zombie. Nothing mattered, good or bad. I would have the same reaction to being spit on as I would to being smiled at....(No joke) I took myself off of it and have been recently thinking of attempting another medication. While Prozac didn't work for me I have hope that there might be something not in the same family as Prozac that might. I'll be here on the journey with you!

    I have two awards for you to pick up over on my blog. You'll find them both underneath of the awards tab (there are only two for now so that makes it easier LoL). Hope you will accept them :) Keep up the great work!!

    http://rantingsofamouthybitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete